Eldercaring is a Referral Agency and this model of home care gives the client direct involvement in all aspects of their care. The primary advantages of this model is that it provides the client not only greater control but greater participation with many decisions regarding their care. For example, the client can choose their own caregiver from a pool of pre-screened and qualified candidates. This has a positive effect on the continuity of care and actually costs less, often saving the client 25% or more on the cost of home care. This allows the client to receive more care in the long run and generally the caregivers in this model of care are more experienced and prefer the flexibility and compensation that a Referral Agency offers.
As a Referral Agency, we pre-screen qualified caregivers and do all of the necessary background and reference checks, verification of employment and credentials, as well as interviews to mention a few steps that give the client “ready access” to caregivers at an affordable price. Unlike a private hire where the family may or may not perform screening and hires the caregiver directly, using a Referral Agency is less risky
Be informed about your choices and ask questions before making this decision, such as;
- Why did you start this business?
- How long have you been in business in this area?
- How do you screen caregivers?
- What other services do you offer or what is included with your service?
- What happens if I don’t like my caregiver?
- What if my caregiver is sick or cannot make it to their shift?
- Do you have an emergency phone number to call?